This September 2021, Primavera is officially 20 years strong into providing a quality online education. From starting as one of the first online high schools to becoming the largest high school in Arizona, Primavera is proud to be a leader in online education. Let’s learn more about the history of Primavera:
Primavera Online School History
- September 10, 2001: Primavera opened as Primavera Technical Learning Center, a blended learning facility to provide students with an alternate, more personalized option in education
- 2003: Primavera is chosen to participate in technology based instruction program by the Arizona Department of Education. Translation: Primavera received permission to become an online high school
- 2005: Primavera earns accreditation
- 2006: Primavera reaches a record-breaking 600 graduates
- 2007: Primavera introduces new, self-developed technology including an online classroom and gradebook
- 2010: Primavera accreditation renewed by the North Central Association (NCA), now known as AdvancED.
- 2012: Primavera begins developing self-authored, multimedia curriculum
- 2012: The Peyton Panther mascot makes his first appearance!
- 2013: Primavera receives a Certificate of Congressional Recognition for Exemplary Innovation in Education.
- 2015: Primavera charter status and accreditation renewed without conditions
- June 2016: Primavera serves a record-breaking 17,000 students in a school year.
- July 2016: Primavera receives NCAA approval retroactive to 2014.
- August 2016: Primavera’s interactive, multimedia curriculum receives numerous awards including a CODiE, five Telly awards, a Serious Play award and seven Regional Emmy® Award nominations. The curriculum team is on track to offer students a 100% self-authored curriculum by the beginning of 2017.
- September 2017: Primavera wins best charter high school in Arizona
- October 2017: Primavera’s curriculum wins another Emmy
- June 2018: Primavera’s curriculum wins three Tellys, three EdTech awards and a CODiE for its videos and technological platform.
- August 2018: Primavera improves its letter grade to a B
- April 2019: Primavera adds six more awards for its curriculum
- May 2019: Primavera adds semester-long courses, in addition to the six-week option
- August 2020: Primavera introduces K-5 courses
- July 2021: Primavera graduates the largest senior class yet with 1300 graduates.
About Primavera Online School
We’ve come a long way since 2001! Since the beginning, Primavera Online School has attracted students who are looking for a more personalized and flexible approach to their education. Our online model is appealing to students who wish to accelerate their education, catch up on courses quicker through our six-week blocks or need personalized attention from our highly qualified instructors.
Simple Facts About Primavera
- We are tuition free, accredited and NCAA approved
- Available for grades K–12
- And 100% online, which means no textbook purchases necessary!
- For high school, we have the option of two courses every six weeks if students need to catch up on credits, or want to graduate early
- Along with several different student clubs and school events each year.
Our mission is to provide a rigorous and personalized education in a highly interactive virtual learning environment. As an alternative school, we are dedicated to educating all Arizona students seeking an accredited high school diploma while engaging students who are credit deficient.
About our Faculty and Staff
Primavera has approximately 300 faculty and staff, all dedicated to helping our students achieve academic success. Here is a little more information about them:
- 63% of faculty and staff hold a Master’s Degree or higher
- There are about 50 in-person instructors and 80 adjunct teachers, all highly qualified in their subject areas.
- 25 teachers are solely dedicated to Exceptional Student Services.
For more information on Primavera, head to ChoosePrimavera.com/Enroll, or give us a call at 480.456.6678! Our Enrollment Advisors are happy to answer any of your questions.