Primavera’s biggest event of the year (next to graduation, of course) is back! Prom is happening May 13! We anticipate about 250 students in attendance. If you’re a 9–12th grade student between the ages of 14–20, you and your guests are invited. Check out the details below.
Important Details for Prom 2017:
- May 13, 7 – 11 p.m.
- Windemere Hotel in Mesa, located at 5750 E. Main St.
- Open to all 9– 12th grade Primavera Online High School students between the ages of 14–20.
- Students can bring up to three non-Primavera students as guests, who must also be in at least the ninth grade and between the ages of 14–20.
- Tickets are available online and cost $30 each. All attendees–students and guests–must purchase a ticket by Friday May, 12.
There are no physical tickets. Once you purchase your ticket online, your name is added to the guest list. You will need an ID in order to confirm your name and enter the ballroom.
Theme: Masquerade Ball
This year, our Panthers were in charge of the theme! We had over 1,100 students vote, and the final decision was Masquerade Ball, which won by over 200 votes. Enjoy a night of mystery and wonder. Masks aren’t required but definitely encouraged.
We will post more details on this soon. Stay tuned!
Other Important Details:
- All attendees, Primavera students and guests, must purchase a ticket and fill out a permission slip. There will be no physical tickets. Once you’ve purchased yours online, we will have your name added to the list!
- A form of identification, such as a driver’s license or student ID, will be required to enter
- Attire is formal, and we encourage you to incorporate themed accessories! Just be sure to keep it school appropriate (see below).
Prom Dress Code
All clothing must appropriately cover the body and be formal to semi-formal in style. Jeans, hats, ripped or torn clothing, t-shirts or items that convey offensive or derogatory language will not be permitted. Dresses must appropriately cover the body including the bust line, midriff area, and be no shorter than 2 inches above the knee. Backless dresses and strapless dresses will be allowed as long as they do not fall below the waist line or the bust line.
For your protection, we do have a few rules you must follow for your masks. They are as follows:
- Tied masks must only cover the eye/nose area
- Masks that cover the face must be held in hands; the mask cannot be tied or sit over your head.
- Masks cannot contain profane language or suggestive, negative or innapropriate designs.
Upon check in, students will be inspected to ensure masks meet the guidelines. Masks that are deemed inappropriate will be stored in a bin at the check-in table until prom ends.
Examples of Appropriate Masks
Below are a few great examples of masks Primavera Panthers made for the big day.
For ideas on making your mask accessorizing for prom, head to this blog post.
All students and guests who attend must be under 21, purchase a ticket and fill out a permission form. Click HERE to download the form, print it, fill it out and email to [email protected] OR mail to:
Primavera Online High School
Attn: Ron Campton
2471 N. Arizona Ave
Chandler, AZ 85225
What’s Happening at Prom?
Come join us at the Windemere Hotel and enjoy some food, games and a photo booth complete with props including hats, fluffy boas, sunglasses, signs and more! And of course, what would a prom be without dancing? We will have a DJ with live music and a dance off with a prize for the winner.
Did Someone Say Food?
Don’t worry; we wouldn’t leave you hungry on your big night! There will be several goodies to enjoy at prom like delectable chocolate dipped strawberries and other desserts.
We will post more details on nearby restaurants soon. Stay tuned!
The following items are prohibited:
- No outside food or beverages (including alcoholic and non-alcoholic) will be allowed
- No weapons of any kind (including knives)
- No illegal drugs or substances
- No fireworks or pyrotechnics
- No animals, except service animals assisting those with disabilities
- No noisemakers, bullhorns or air horns
- No tobacco products of any kind
Decorations will be provided by the Art Club. If you’re interested in helping out, email [email protected]. Keep an eye on our Facebook page over the next few months for a chance to win a set of prom tickets through one of our contests!
- Are you planning on attending prom? Share with us in the comments below!